Translate

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

     Pretty much over the jet lag and into the full swing.  We lost a day in the process, but hey, we'll get it back eventually.  It has  been over 20 years since I have done Bangkok and it feels like a new experience.  I am absolutely blown away by how many travelers, of all ilks, are here.  Thousands of them.  Even though I have seen it three times before the Recling Bhudda at Watt Po is still a sight to be seen.  And I do love the Chao Phraya River.  It is literally the life blood of Bangkok.  The variety, design and style of the River Boats is nothing short of amazing.
     Then there is the night life.  I don't think there is anything quite like it.  All stops pulled.  Of course at my age there aren't that many stops to pull!  We have hooked up with our long time friends Ron and Celiane Dunetz who are on their way to Katmandu.  So we are 5.  A crowd.  But a fun one.  One more full day and off to Yangon.  More soon.     JB
   

1 comment:

  1. Oh, JB, you crack me up with the "not many stops to pull." Glad you're having fun. Sending you and Cynthia much love.

    ReplyDelete